Friday, September 4, 2009

monitors and screens

In the past little while, I have been collecting old television screens and computer monitors. I find something very interesting about these things like they hold so many connotations and whatnot, it's crazy. Anyways, I've stacked four computer monitors on top of one another and contemplating about painting a self portrait of myself (a portrait of myself around the same time when the internet started becoming really popular).


Just some thoughts. Some other ideas involve the idea of the "ghost in the machine" and a possible computer monitor "totem pole." I've already made an artwork with an old television set. Some play on mythology, technology, pop culture and seizures. I had it in a gallery downtown earlier this year in the Whippersnapper with some other artists. I'd turn on the TV to an epileptic type of static for an emphasis on seizures or a religious ecstasy (similar to what you would see in some Renaissance paintings). I'm still not sure what to call it but, for now, I'm calling it "Prime."

1 comment: